Recall a time when you were a white ghost pressed in a hot coffin. Search for less and you come to be, that much harder to occur the lessons. I did not plan to fall heavy in your spirit. You walked me proud down that aisle of forever, your lips drawn together, tasting the cold of yesterday. Does her voice carry further than mine, perhaps your aspirations, that freedom I desired once? Baked in your conscious, stewed on your burdened back is a voice you forget to hear.
I cannot forget you; in faded black nor the blush of your smile, but you must cautiously leave your presence at the door.
Today, tomorrow, never

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just like an abstract painting a piece of art speaks different to everyone. In this piece, the beginning, again, really speaks to me. To me it says I lost myself and needed the freedom to be me again. I dig this one alot. -Kamela